Book your visit to St. Mark's Basilica and Pala d'Oro and skip the line at the entrance!
- Skip the line and enter St. Mark’s Basilica and Pala d'Oro thruogh a privileged lane with your personalized QR CODE
- Duration: about 30 minutes
St. Mark’s Basilica is one of the iconic symbols of Venice. Originally designed with the function of private chapel for the Doge (the highest office in the Serenissima Republic of Venice), the Basilica acquired over the centuries an increasingly central role in the religious and political life of the city.
St. Mark’s Basilica, also known as “the golden Church” for the predominance of golden mosaics, is unique in the world in the artistic and architectural panorama for its particular conformation with a strong Byzantine and Romanesque characterization, for the priceless treasures kept inside and for the refinement of the mosaics that decorate the vaults.
St. Mark’s Treasure houses ca. 300 artifacts made of gold, silver and precious stones of various origins and of inestimable value. Among them, the Pala d'Oro (the altar retable) stands out for its magnificence and uniqueness: commissioned in Constantinople in the XII century by the Doge Falier, it’s decorated with precious and refined stones and pearls set on golden enamels.
- The ticket includes a priority entrance to St. Mark’s Basilica and Pala d'Oro
- It is forbidden to enter the Basilica with luggages, bagpacks or voluminous bags. It is possible to store your luggage renting the lockers at San Basso Office, in Piazzetta dei Leonici (on the leftside of the Basilica).
- Visitors are recommended to wear appropriated clothes for a place of worship.
By purchasing a priority entrance, you can access the Basilica directly through the door of San Pietro (the second door from the left) by scanning the QR Code on the ticket.