- Skip the line and enter St. Mark’s Museum thruogh a privileged lane with your personalized QR CODE
- Duration: about 30 minutes
The collection of St. Mark’s Museum houses many works of art related to the Basilica, among which the iconic gilded bronze quadriga stands out. A copy of the quadriga is displayed on the loggia overlooking St. Mark’s Square in order to protect the original one from the corrosion of atmospheric agents.
Located at the top floor of the Basilica, the Museum gives visitors the chance to admire the Cathedral’s interiors from a new stunning perspective and to observe closely the marvellous golden mosaics with which the walls are decorated.
From the Museum visitors can access the famous terraces of the Basilica, from which tehy can enjoy a suggestive panoramic view of St. Mark’s Square, the island of San Giorgio, the Bell Tower and the Clock Tower.
- The ticket includes the entrance to St. Mark’s Museum
- The access to the Museum is through a steep staircase
- It is forbidden to enter the Basilica with luggages, bagpacks or voluminous bags. It is possible to store your luggage in the lockers at San Basso Office, in Piazzetta dei Leonici (on the leftside of the Basilica). The service has a cost.